HEADER BLOG TITLE

02/11/2012

Colourful Coasters

Wow, what a busy week.  Driving the Teen to ballet classes 4 times a week is taking chunks out of my day, but on the other hand, it allows me a full hour of hooky time.  I used the time this week to hook another doily [as per previous posting, only bigger] and also 12 coasters that will just go along quite nicely with Moroccan, Indian or Turkish tea glasses!  I hooked these with hook size 3 and used Elle Premier Cotton, Double Knit.



This is actually a vintage pattern that has been reworked and is doing the rounds on the internet at the moment.  It resembles the Yvestown Flower but this one has 10 petals, 2 more than the Yvestown flower and having hooked both I can confirm that I definitely like this one more.

Hello also to all my new followers!  To say thank you, I will try and hook patterns from your blogs over time.  Hello then today to teszek-veszek-vacakolok on whose blog I found this coaster pattern.  Thank you for the pattern!  Just switch on Google translate if you haven't quite mastered Hungarian yet, take a look at her hand drawn pattern and away you go!  Easy peasy. You definitely want to be scrolling through her blog to see all of her fabulous work and patterns.

Have a great weekend. Cheers!



7 comments:

  1. these coasters are really good!!! love the bright colours!!!
    happy weekend, xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of them... So beautifulll. I have to make the same...:))
    All best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all - these were really a quick and easy project to hook. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I was thrilled by your comment on my blog recently. :-) Nice pattern & love your blog!

    ReplyDelete